Join our Virtual Summer Camp
Running until 24 July 2020
It's free & easy to take part!
For Scottish children up to 6 years old & their families including older siblings if they'd like to take part.
Funded by the Scottish Government &
delivered by Living Classrooms
We'll give you and your children plenty of fun-filled nature-based ideas to keep them active, creative and happy this summer! Things to do inside and outside...
Scottish Virtual Summer Camp is an innovative response to challenges caused by the pandemic.
- Daily fun-filled nature-based activities for children across Scotland.
- Meeting online 10-10.30 & 13-13.30 weekdays. Drop in & out as much as you like.
- Any child can take part, even if you don't have a garden.
- Interact virtually & safely with educators, friends & other children whilst at home.
- Support for children, parents & carers to spend time creatively & actively.
Benefits of Scottish Virtual Summer Camp
- Have fun and keep busy - Engage in open-ended, nature-based inquiries. The daily activities have been created with children at Auchlone Nature Kindergarten and their friends in the Virtual Summer Camp.
- Maintain relationships - Young children will have the opportunity to virtually interact with their friends and teachers on a daily basis through joint outdoor adventures
- Create positive memories - Collated by them and for them in a free memory book that they can take into their nursery or school when they return.
- Feel empowered - Children’s voices and ideas drive the Summer Camp activities.
- Feel supported within a playful, nature-based programme of activities that will give your children plenty of interesting things to do.
- Less screen time for children as they spend more time being outdoors and creative.
- Happy and active children who want to be involved in the challenges.
- Re-assurance that children are engaged and supported by our Virtual Summer Camp
If you have any questions about our Virtual Summer Camp give us a call on 01764 683656 or drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We meet online every weekday 10-10.30 & 13-13.30. In the morning we swop ideas and discuss what the children will be exploring that day. In the afternoon we get together to share how everyone got on. We've found that the children really look forward to each day's activity and are very enthusiastic about sharing what they've been able to achieve and what they've learned with their Virtual Summer Camp friends.
Absolutely! We host it on a secure server. Only people we've approved are allowed into the Virtual Summer Camp.
Our Facebook group is private and can only be joined by people we have approved. Stories, photos and comments shared in the Facebook group cannot be seen publicly.
Your child will learn aspects of the curriculum through a nature-based lens. We are world-leading experts at delivering the curriculum with nature-based and child-led learning. Our very own Auchlone Nature Kindergarten is multi award-winning and is regarded worldwide as a centre of excellence.
Each exciting theme will engage them in nature-based learning away from their screens. So they'll spend more time being active and creative whilst connecting to the wonders that nature has to offer.
Every child in the Virtual Summer Camp has a voice, there are no right and wrong answers. The Virtual Summer Camp gives children a safe place to express their views and ideas.